Resiliency is the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties. Do we need understand resilience … heck Yeah!!
Resilient people don’t wallow or dwell on failures, they size up the situation, learn from it and move forward, with speed, purpose and determination.
Skills to Support Resiliency are
- Being/ getting connected to others for support
- Showing flexibility in unknown circumstances, bend, so you don’t break
- The ability to make REALISTIC plans and take actions to carry out the plans
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills – gut is good, but problem solving is more successful
- Ability to manage STRONG emotions – yes, it is crazy, but keeping it together will generally improve or at least be neutral to a situation, versus, not managing emotions and things getting worse by getting out of control
- Find purpose and meaning in what is going on.
- Ability to see the big picture vs. my own little corner of the world and acting out myopically
- Ability to use and appreciate humor effectively
- Self care and then care of others.